It feels like a drop in the ocean, but ...

... one day I made a bargain with my inner child, Ingenua. She didn't see the point of doing ... well ... anything. It wasn't fun any more, and there were too many scary thoughts going around. So I said, "How about, for every little thing we do that is good for me, we'll give five cents to charity:water? How does that sound?"

And she smiled.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back on the wagon...

I've been drifting for a while, feeling particularly unmotivated ... but I've told enough people about this blog now, that I've managed to guilt-trip myself into starting up again.

Today, I...

Got up before 10am: 5c
Had a substantial breakfast : 5c
Got dressed to shoes: 5c
Brushed my hair: 5c
Washed and moisturised my face: 5c
Went out (with Smith): 5c
Walked to the next suburb: 5c
Drank a bottle of water: 5c
Planned dinner: 5c
Cooked dinner: 5c
Put my plate in the dishwasher: 5c
Prepared for tomorrow's dinner: 5c
Wrote my blog: 5c

Today"s total: 65c

Time to have a shower and go to bed at a reasonable hour...

Oh, and one of Smith's friends, who I'll call striplight, actually said he'd sponsor me for this blog as well, by matching our contributions!  Now I've got to add up a total and set up the charity:water account so we can get started.  I haven't reached a particularly substantial amount yet, but we'll get there one day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment