It feels like a drop in the ocean, but ...

... one day I made a bargain with my inner child, Ingenua. She didn't see the point of doing ... well ... anything. It wasn't fun any more, and there were too many scary thoughts going around. So I said, "How about, for every little thing we do that is good for me, we'll give five cents to charity:water? How does that sound?"

And she smiled.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goal number one accomplished!

$7.95 worth of points accumulated, to donate to mycharity:water ... one puzzle book earned!

The puzzle book in question is an issue of Pixel Puzzles.  The puzzles inside consist of a grid, and the aim is to colour in the little squares in the grid in a pattern to form a picture.  However, you don't get many clues ... The clues consist of a set of numbers describing each row and column of the grid.  Each number represents a block of coloured squares in the grid in that row, but you don't get told how many squares in between the blocks!  I am addicted to these puzzles, which are constructed and distributed by Conceptis (see my Fun Places links section).  Can't wait to get started on the book tomorrow!  Hmm, I'm going to have to ration the puzzles carefully...

As for the final task that took me to my goal amount:

Scrubbing the stovetop before reheating canned soup for dinner: 5c

Heh.  I haven't even put that one on my list before.  But it needed doing, so I did it...

And here are the other points I have earned tonight (which strictly belong to Tuesday, because it's past midnight, but oh well...)

Wrote my blog: 5c
Prepared dinner for me and Smith: 5c
Tidied the kitchen after dinner preparation: 5c
Cumulative total: $8.05

Next goal: $20!  Hopefully I can reach it before the end of the month.

I won't count these yet, because I haven't done them, but here are the things I'm going to get done before I sleep:
Putting my dishes in the dishwasher
Shining my sink

... I think that's all.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment